Last summer( 2013 ) I drove myself, and my 3 kidlets 3000 miles round trip in a seriously eco sized car(its a story you want to hear Ill tell you about it later) to visit Bd and her family for some summer fun.. I do not have cable.. I have netflix and hulu I pay less than $20 a month for entertainment. So let me tell you that I was STUNNED shitless with the vast amount of info being regurgitated in varying ways through cable TV, now! It’s a info-fuckin-topia! I had cable before but let it go at least 3 year now, so my mind was on a joyous overload. With the vast amount of info that I was consuming I felt like I was becoming a polarized genius and jack of all trades.
- I watched season 3 of GOT I started in the afternoon and well yeah.. I was up until the next Am.. I had about 3 hours of sleep and I was off to the races again.. I had already read the books I wanted to make sure they were keeping to the script.. ummhumm
- Cooking shows make me giddy with joy. really really
- the violence and sexual content is extraordinary.. its startling yet enticing.
- the combination of food and sex has happened on tv in main stream! YES I didn’t miss it! Thank you to the calabo effort of Anthony Bourdain and CNN delic.
But heres the other side to that intoxicating coin! Cable is the devil!!
That fucker is an expensive habit not first but alone that is a reason!! Lets just tip into what a monthly damn cable bill ranges. $19.99 – $300.00 or more.
Sooooooooo… just for you that are not quick on the math draw (which I am not).. Come with me you will see the bigger picture and you will see what that truly means. …. (imagine and hum Charlie and the Choc Factory Willy wonka 1970’s version as you now re-read above ;0) )
- 1 year = $239.88 – $3,600
- 2 years= $ 479.76 -$7,200
- How about 5years=$1,199.40-$18,000
Here’s the thing. LESSON ALERT.
Now before anyone starts getting mad and crying or making a scene, ,<———YEAH You!! This is for you!!! It’s ok this is personal and it will be a place to help make you into something new or piss you the fuck off.. either way, Keep reading. ;0)
STOP complaining about shit!
IF you say ANY of the following things or EVEN THINK them
- Im broke
- You say “I can’t” more than you can because of “money issues”
- Money is tight but when is money not tight for you?
- Bank account is empty or Your over drafter OR Your live on your overdraft YES YOU!!! WE SEE YOU
- You eat out every day of the week but have no food at home (Starbucks COUNTS)
- Any bill is late
- You don’t have a bill in your name… grrrr really!?!?!
- You find yourself making groceries by picking up things from friends and families houses.
STOP COMPLAINING if you have fucking ANYTHING in your life that is beyond the necessities and you think, act, or say you have money issues or problems. Trust, cable is just an easy example of something we can touch and understand.
Here’s the thing.. Be brave and substitute cable for clothes, makeup, eating out, sex, drugs, books, a new watch, your hair getting cut every week or being “done” by anyone that cost on a regular, your nails and feet, a new gadget or shoes. Anything that is not a necessity to survive is not needed if your complaining. People only complain about things that they can change.
It’s not a sacrifice to not have cable or a big car it is FUCKING PRACTICAL. Think about it!?!?! Can you find a better deal or even an alternative? The answer is YES and without much work or effort! So WTF are you really complaining about and WHY?
This time last year were you complaining about the same shit you are this year?